Spring is the season of bloom and blossom. It is the perfect time of the year to revamp your makeup collection for a fresh start. Listed below are some of the latest makeup trends of spring 2017. Here is our breakdown of the most sought after face, eye and lip products this season and the collection that will have you looking in vogue.
Face Product: Lightstruck Prismatic Glow Palette by Laura Mercier
Your skin may have a dull complexion due to the bleak weather in winter. But have no worries, this face palette will brighten up your skin in time for spring. The Lights truck Prismatic Glow Palette features 5 lightweight, sheer, cream highlighters that reflect light and add dimension to your face. Try layering the shades together or use them separately even to see which technique gives your skin the perfect glow. Use the shades Aurora, Ray and Prism to create a natural highlight, or intensify your glow with the Beam metallic finish. The various shades can be interchanged as eyeshadow, blush, contouring and highlighting, making it a handy travel kit. Besides, the holographic packaging looks amazing.
- Shades: Aurora, Prism, Beam, Reflect, Ray
Eye Product: Macaron Couture Eyes by Jill Stuart
Photo “JILL STUART macaron couture eyes”
Soft pastel colors could never go wrong for spring. Jill Stuart’s limited edition eyeshadow palettes gives you an array of choices to keep you looking radiant this season. Each of the 3 palettes are inspired by delicious macarons. 01 Peach & Melon Assort features the soft pastel colours reflected in fruity macarons. 02 Cookie & Chocolate Assort boasts neutral shades that pay tribute to the bitter colors of sweet cream and chocolate. 03 Framboise & Pistachio Assort includes pinkish and coral shades inspired by vivid-colored macarons. Each palette contains 6 eyeshadow shades that allow you to create multiple looks for spring. For a soft and romantic look, go for 01. If you are going for an everyday look, 02 would serve you best. Use 03 to get a fun and bubbly look. Unleash you inner artist and do not be afraid to experiment with the various shades.
- Shades: 01 Peach & Melon Assort, 02 Cookie & Chocolate Assort, 03 Framboise & Pistachio Assort
Lip Product: Rouge Coco Gloss by Chanel
Makeup enthusiasts have long been anticipating the arrival of Chanel’s Rouge Coco Gloss and it is finally here! The new gloss features 24 irresistible colors, from fresh beige to romantic pink, and from rosy mauve to tangy red. The shades not only are perfect for spring but also suit most skin tones. To make application easier, the gloss has a light and non-sticky consistency, containing various beneficial ingredients such as coconut oil, peptides and vitamin-E. Your lips will surely feel moisturized throughout the whole day. Sadly, the gloss may not be suitable for those of you who are allergic to coconut.
- Shades: 712 Melted Honey, 714 Caresse, 716 Caramel, 119 Bourgeoisie, 722 Noce Moscata, 724 Burnt Sugar, 726 Icing, 728 Rose Pulpe, 172 Tendresse, 736 Douceur,738 Amuse-Bouche, 742 Fragola , 744 Subtil, 166 Physical, 748 Nectar, 752 Bitter Orange, 754 Opulence, 756 Chilli, 106 Amarena, 762 Heart Beat, 764 Confusion, 766 Caractere, 768 Decadent, 772 Epique
Collection: Work It Out Collection by M.A.C.
Having makeup on during exercise can clog your pores, cause you to break out and not to mention stain your clothes. However, wearing makeup that is inspired by fitness is another story. Meet the M.A.C. Work It Out Collection, a collection that features high-performance color. This collection includes 4 new shades of lipstick, 6 new shades of gloss, 3 shades of M.A.C. Studio QuikTrik Stick, 6 new shades of chromagraphic pencil and 16 new shades of mascara. Colors are extreme in this collection, the mascara alone comes in all shades of the rainbow. You may wonder, are these colors really wearable? Have no worries, spring is the season to have fun and be creative!
- Lipstick: Bi-ceptual, Relentlessly Red, Muscu-linity, Testosterone
- Crystal Glazed Gloss: Oh My Lunge!, Nice Cheeks, Sixxx Pack, Love Your Body, Ripped, Flex Appeal
- M.A.C. Studio QuikTrik Stick: Soft Side/A Latte Sheen, Whiff of Pink/Softly Does It, Here You Go/All Aflush
- Chromagraphic Pencil: Primary Yellow, Genuine Orange, Process Magenta, Rich Purple, Marine Ultra, Landscape Green
- In Extreme Dimension Lash: Squat It, Sugar, Well-Toned, Gym Dandy, Hold for 10, Spin & Twist, Sweaty Betty, No Pain, No Gain, Cool Down, Feel My Pulse, Heart Rate’s Rising, Abs of Steel, Warm Up, Energized Bright, Hottie with a Body, Sky is the Limit, Muscle Tee
Writer: Ko Tsz Yan Cindy
Editor: Amrita Mangho
Copy Editor: Pan